An advisory strategy should encompass the following:
- Quality external advice that challenges your perspective and asks tough questions.
- Your commitment to be open minded and listen to external perspectives—it doesn’t mean you have to act on the advice.
- Broad insight that fuels growth, guides operations and addresses risk (strategy, sales/marketing, finance, HR, legal, operations and technology).
- Helps increase access to funds (credit and/or equity).
- Maintains flexibility and keeps you in control.
- Matches your budget.
- Conveniently fits within the intense time demands on your schedule.